‘Inside information’ on the fee demanded by leading actresses to star in films has come to light.
Actresses tend to charge their fee per film depending on the producer’s financial status and their own market value. In some cases, actresses reach a ‘compromise’ to stat in certain film-makers’ films for a low fee for the sake of getting associated with films made by them.
There are also instances of actresses taking fewer fees so as not to let a particular script go out of their hands!
Besides films, some leading actresses such as Kajal Aggarwal, Tamannaah and Samantha have also been endorsing commercial products for a high fee. They are also conscious in investing their money for the future in real estate and other fields. Here is a peep into the fee charged by some of the ‘dream-girls’:
• Nayantara, the ‘numero uno’ actress in Kollywood, gets paid not less than Rs.4 crores per film of hers. Of late, though, her top ranking has taken a beating due to which the still-in-demand actress has reduced her fee.
• Anushka, still basking in the super-success of her Baahubali 2, has just wrapped up the shoot of her upcoming film Bhagmati and demands Rs.5 crores from producers who want to sign her up to star in their films despite her age being in the mid-thirties.
• Kajal Aggarwal, the curvaceous actress who turned 31 last month, is getting paid Rs.2 crores per film; the bubbly actress is going steady and has films lined up for release opposite frontline heroes Ajith and Vijay.
• Samantha, who is tie the nuptial knot with boyfriend and Tollywood actor Naga Chaitanya in October, is getting Rs.2 crores per film of hers. She also has films opposite Vijay and Sivakarthikeyan in various stages of production.
• Trisha, the ‘senior’ amongst them, is getting Rs.1.5 crores per film and to her credit, she is still busy with a handful of films.
• Shruti Haasan, Rakul Preet Singh and Tamannaah are getting Re.1 crore per film in Tamil and Telugu. Tamannaah appears to be the most flexible among the three in making compromises with her fee depending on the banner and the hero.