Actor Simbu has said that he was ready to ‘quit’ the film industry if it is proved by any film-maker that the shoot of his films were delayed by him.
Simbu’s latest film Anbanavan Asaradhavan Adangadhavan hit the screens last Friday (23rd June). Directed by Adik Ravichandran, whose debut film Trisha Illana Nayantara a few years back was pilloried for its ‘adult’ content, the film has been torn to pieces by critics and movie-goers. Even Simbu’s ardent fans say that they found it very difficult to sit through the film.
Amid allegations that he has been responsible for the delay in shoot of his films, Simbu has said that he never purposely delayed his shoots.
“I leave for the shoot of my film from my residence only after assuring myself that I am fully prepared to face the shoot scheduled for the day and to perform as per the director’s expectation,” he has said.
“I don’t bother about criticism but I challenge my detractors to prove that the release of my films had been delayed by me; if they prove it, I’d quit the film industry,” says Simbu, who had recently gone on record stating that he had lost the interest to continue to star in films but was doing so for the sake of his fans alone.