In a never-before seen clamour for Tamil films, as many as five original Tamil films are being remade in Telugu.
For many years now, Telugu audiences have patronized Telugu-dubbed version of superstar Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan, Vijay, Ajith, Vikram, Suriya, Vishal, Karthi and Dhanush’s films.
Recently, Vijay Antony’s Telugu-dubbed version of Pichchaikkaran had a 100-day run in Telugu. Sivakarthikeyan’s Remo has also been releaed in its Telugu-dubbed version recently. The following is the list of films which are being remade in Telugu:
• Tollywood superstar Chiranjeevi’s comeback film, which is also his landmark 150th film in his career, has been titled as Kaidi No.150. Pitting Kajal Aggarwal opposite him, it’s the remake of the Tamil film Kaththi;
• Ajith’s Veeram is being remade in Telugu as Katamarayudu starring Pawan Kalyan in the lead; Shruti Haasan plays his heroine in the film;
• Ajith’s Vedalam is being remade in Telugu, again starring Pawan Kalyan in the lead and is directed by R.T. Nesan (who directed Vijay’s Jilla);
• ‘Jayam’ Ravi’s Thani Oruvan is eing remade in Telugu as Dhruva starring Chiranjeevi’s son Ram Charan Teja in the lead; and
• Madhavan-Ritika Singh’s Irudhi Suttru is being remade in Telugu with Venkatesh essaying Madhavan’s role; Sudha Kongara directs the Telugu version also, repeating boxer-turned-actress Ritika Singh as the heroine again.