Any idea who gets the most among Tamil heroines: your guess is right – it is Nayantara, the ‘Queen Bee’ who tops the list of actresses who get paid more than Re.1 crore per film!
Ever since she made a comeback to Tamil films by pairing up opposite Ajith Kumar in Vishnuvardhan’s Arrambam in October, 2013, Nayantara has been ruling the roost in Kollywood with successive hit films and that too opposite unconventional and new heroes.
Though she consciously skips promotional events of her new films, her films do well at the box-office and her cup of joy is simply over-flowing with money/offers!
Here is a list of actresses who get more than Re.1 crore in Kollywood; the list has been compiled based on newspaper reports and industry sources:
• Nayantara gets somewhere between Rs.4-5 crores per film; her present stature and demand for her among heroes and film-makers have sky-rocketed her market value in recent years;
• Anushka Shetty, who has been undergoing a personal battle to shed weight to acquire a slim frame to star in Baahubali sequel, comes next on the list as she gets paid Rs.3 crores per film;
• Samantha, who starred opposite Jr. NTR in his latest hit film Janata Garrage, gets Rs.1.5 crores per film; a frontline actress in Tamil and Telugu, rumorus of Samantha’s impending marriage to Naga Chaitanya haven’t so far affected her standing in the industry;
• Shruti Haasan, ‘milky beauty’ Tamannaah and picture-perfect Kajal Aggarwal are placed next on the list as they get paid somewhere between Rs.1.25-1.5 crores per film.
• Trisha, who has been in films for close to 15 years now, gets Re.1 crore or slightly less than that per film of hers!