Superstar Rajinikanth’s Kabali continues with its record-breaking spree at the regional, national and international box-office.
Said to be the most successful film in Rajini’s amazing 40-year long career, the film has beaten the many box-office records held by S.S. Rajamaouli’s Baahubali which released last year.
The colossal success of Baahubali made many wonder whether any other film could even come close to it; however, the charismatic Rajini has broken at least seven box-office records held by Baahubali as listed below:
• Baahubali beat the U.S. premiere show collections of Rajini’s Enthiran: The Robot and Sivaji: The Boss with US $1,010,550 but Rajini’s Kabali has reclaimed the honour with a whopping collection of US $1,500,000;
• Kabali also beat Baahubali’s record of collecting Rs.75 crores on its first day in theatres in U.S. by collecting Rs.87.50 crores on its first day, thus becoming the first South Indian film to amass such a huge sum on its first day;
• In its first two days, Baahubali collected Rs.135 crores as its worldwide collections but Kabali has beaten this record too by collecting Rs.114 crores on its very first day (worldwiede) and Rs.155 crores on its first two days;
• Baahubali collected Rs.197 crores during its first week in theatres and Kabali managed to beat this record too by collecting Rs.219 crores in its first week;
• Record collection (abroad) of US $4.65 million held by Baahubali has also been overrun by Kabali which collected US $12 million during the corresponding period;
• Kabali also became the first South Indian film to touch the coveted mark of Rs.200 crores as box-office collections within 3 days, beating Baahubali by 2 days as the latter took 5 days to touch this mark;
• Baahubali’s record of US $10.94 million in international market, which was a record for Indian films, has been usurped by a rampaging Kabali which has so far collected US $16 million and might end up at a sky-high figure by the time it completes its successful run in theatres; and
• Baahubali ended up collecting Rs.500 crores while Rajini’s Kabali collected Rs.635 crores in its first 11 days itself!
Need more proof to realize who is India’s most successful superstar?