A recently-conducted survey by a popular film-based organization has revealed that though she hasn’t had any huge hit in this year, the 30-something Nayantara continues to remain on top of the list of actresses in terms of popularity as well as their gross earnings through their films and assignments to endorse commercial brands.
The list has been drawn up based on the actresses’ market-value, films and popularity level. Here’s a gist of the list:
1. Nayantara: Though her last film with Udhayanidhi didn’t do well at the box-office, Nayantara’s star-value doesn’t seem to have been affected the least. She continues to remain directors and heroes’ favourite in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam films and reportedly gets Rs.2-3 crore per film with a career earning of Rs.50 crores!
2. Anushka: Scoring less than Nayan on the popularity list, the lanky Anushka has secured second spot in the list. Said to be receiving somewhere in the region of Rs.2-3 per film of hers, Anushka’s gross earnings are estimated at Rs.100 crores!
3. Tamannaah: The matchless Baahubali beauty, who has cast a spell on South Indian youths with hour hourglass figure and facial beauty, finds her market on the upward mode thanks to the colossal success of Baahubali. She gets Rs.1-75-2 crore per film, it is said. Details of her gross earnings are not available.
4. Shriya Saran: Curvaceous beauty who paired up opposite superstar Rajinikanth in Sivaji: The Boss is totally out of reckoning in Tamil and Telugu films but is at 4th spot thanks to her past popularity. With her fee per film hovering around the Re.1 crore mark, her career earnings are put at Rs.55 crores!
5. Kajal Aggarwal: Another bubbly actress who has her hour-glass figure as her main forte, Kajal is at 5th spot in the list as she is hugely popular and sought-after in Tamil and Telugu film industries. She gets Re.1 crore per film and her career earnings are not available.
6. Trisha: In the industry now for the past 15 years, Trisha still continues to be in the top-10 list of actresses which is a credit to her hard-working trait. Still flooded with offers to star in Tamil and Telugu films and who is all set to make her Malayalam debut soon, Trisha gets around Rs.80 lakhs to Re.1 crore per film; career earnings are not available.
7. Hansika: The actress, who is among the top-3 heroines in Tamil, is surprisingly placed at the 7th spot. Said to be getting Rs.70 lakhs per film, the actress has her hands full with Tamil and Telugu films. Her total earnings haven’t been mentioned.
8. Shruti Haasan: Though she is on top in all the three language film industries viz., Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, Shruti has surprised herself and shocked her fans by getting a low rank of 8 in this list. She gets Rs.75-80 lakhs per film and with her singing and music-composing talents accompanying her, she continues to be fans’ favourite!
9. Priyamani: The almost forgotten Priyamani of Paruthi Veeran fame is at 9th spot. Though she has been neglected by Kollywood for no fault of hers, she has found solace with Kannada and Telugu films and is said to be going steady with her fee per film touching the Rs.75-80 lakhs mark.
10. Samantha: Though she is placed last in the list, Samantha is reportedly on the ascent in Kollywood. The actress, who had a huge hit in last year’s Kaththi, gets Rs.70 lakhs per film and is one of the most sought-after actresses in Kollywood.