Tamil cinema has often produced classics in the past, and captured the real life events. But they all have carried little bit of cinematic liberties, and the viewers kept looking for movies which is as close to reality. Selvaraghavan’s ‘Pudhupettai’ & Thiyagarajan Kumararajah’s ‘Aaranya Kaandam’ were exceptional in those category, and ‘Madras’ has joined that elite list. Here we give you the list of reasons for why one must experience ‘Madras’.
1. Ranjith’s detailed narration throughout the movie. There are no unwanted character sketches, and if you have any plans of entering into the movie hall after spending 5-10 minutes of the scheduled play; you’re sure to miss the core plot of the movie.
2. Karthi’s tremendous performance as ‘Kali’
3. Hard hitting dialogues by Ranjith & J.B. Chanakya
4. The episode of Kalaiarasan & Ritvika (Anbu & Mary)
5. Santosh Narayan’s songs & BGM work which will keep you intact for 155 mins.
6.The characters shown in the film are close to perfection. Probably for the first time Tamil cinema has registered the true picture of North Madras. The people out here do not smoke, drink, or act absurdly all the time.
7. Murali’s cinematography – The man did not have enough space to showcase his skills, but he did capture the color, emotions, and housing blocks mostly in the street lights will make you feel like you are watching something in real.
8. Praveen has put the frames together to offer a crisp screenplay, and the way presented the interval block and Anbu’s murder will stay in your memory forever!
9. The Johnny’s character..
10. As the movie progress you could the lead artists does not sing any duet or shake their legs unwantedly. The ‘Blue Boys’ alone will perform the dance sequences & the director has used them really well at the crucial juncture!
You might end up noticing more and do let us know what they are in the comment section, and start a healthy discussion.