Rookie Sivakarthikeyan tops the list of successful heroes in 2013
Expect the unexpected from Kollywood. At a time when even leading heroes fail to get their films going in theatres, a newcomer springs up from somewhere all of a sudden and delivers a series of hits to end the year on a high note. This is what happened in Kollywood in 2013.
Sivakarthikeyan, the television anchor-turned-hero, has emerged as the ‘most successful hero’ of the year by a clear margin, beating the likes of Vijay.
Let’s look at the scorecard of heroes in the year 2013 which ends in four days from now:
· Rajinikanth didn’t have any single release this year. His much-awaited and long-delayed 3-D animation venture Kochadaiiyaan has been postponed to be releasing in April. However, Rajini remains the ‘Baadshah’ of Kollywood and his Enthiran: The Robot box-office record is yet to be touched.
· Kamal Haasan delivered what is considered be the most successful film in his career in the form of Vishwaroopam which faced unprecedented pre-release blues but as it turned out, the controversies only helped in the film getting the requisite amount of publicity.
Vishwaroopam collected Rs.30 crores in Tamil Nadu alone and the collections of its Hindi/Telugu versions and its showing in other States and abroad make it a huge hit with an overall box-office collection of Rs.85 crores (approximately).
· Ajith Kumar had a solitary release in Arrambam which rocked the box-office. Released two days prior to Deepavali, Arrambam is said to have collected more than Rs.120 crores in the State and abroad, making Ajith the stand-out performer. Ajith’s now-famous salt-and-pepper look appears to have worked out in his favour. Nayan’s glamour and Arya’s vivacity added to the film’s success.
· Vijay had a rather unforgettable year in which his Thalaivaa, which released in theatres after facing many hurdles, bombed at the box-office. Said to have been sold for a whopping Rs.50 crores in Tamil Nadu, the film could collect around 20 crores. Vijay would do well to forget this year as well as the Vijay-directed Thaialvaa, dismissed by many critics as a non-starter.
· Vikram had a disaster in the form of David which sank at the box-office the way Titanic sank in the high-seas. Vikram now pins his hopes on Shankar’s I which is likely to release in the first-half of next year.
.Karthi is in all time low with two worst movies of the year to his credit, Alex Pandian and All in All Azhaghu Raja. If not for the recently released Venkatprabhu’s Biriyani during moderate business, it was Karthi who should have been the flop star of the year very easily.
· Simbu had no releases this year except for an interesting cameo in Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya. He declared open his love affair with Hansika and is gearing up for the release of a few films next year.
· Dhanush had a terrible year as far as Tamil films are concerned. Though he made a successful debut as a hero in Hindi films with Raanjhanaa, his Ambikapathy (Tamil-dubbed version of Raanjhanaa), Naiyaandi and Maryan fell flat at the box-office, making him the hero with the most number of ‘misses’ this year/flop star of the year.
· Vishal had a decent outing with his Samar and Pattathu Yaanai being ‘moderate’ hits; his Deepavali release Pandianadu having been decleared as a ‘super-duper’ hit film. He also has a probable winner in his yet-to-be released Sundar C-directed Madha Gaja Raja and his home production Naan Sigappu Manithan.
· Arya starred with Ajith in the super-duper hit Arrambam. He had another multi-starrer in Raja Rani in which he shared screen-space with Jai. These two films were super-hits; however, Arya’s Settai did only average business and his Selvaraghavan-directed Irandaam Ulagam was a damp squip and a complete wash-out.
· Sivakarthikeyan, as already reported, had a dream run with all his three films – Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga, Ethir Neechal and Varuthapadatha Valibar Sangam – turning out to be super-duper hit films. However, it remains to be seen whether he manages to hold on to his newfound ‘star’ status in the ensuing year.
· Vijay Sethupathi had a success in Soodhu Kavvum and a moderate success in Idharkuthane Asaipattai Balakumara. He continues to experiment with his roles.
· ‘Jayam’ Ravi didn’t have a single release this year.
You might like...
Incoming search terms:
- kollywood latest news
- siva karthikeyan photos download
- sivakarthikeyan next film list
- Hits in2013tamil
- siva karthikeyan movie list
- sivakarthikeyan super and animation photos
- tamil heros images list
- tamil movies sivakarthikeyan movies list photo