Producer-director Lingusamy has said that that his upcoming film with Suriya in the lead has not been dropped. “The film is very much on; in fact, the shooting schedule is all set to commence from the 21st of August,” he said.
Close on the heels of the huge success of his latest film Singam-2, Surya had agreed to star in Gautham Vasudev Menon and Lingusamy’s upcoming directorial ventures. The shoot of Menon’s film, Dhruva Natchathiram, is yet to kick start, as no heroine has been finalized till date, so it was to be Lingusamy with whom Suriya was to work next.
But after Director-actor Seeman had earlier filed a complaint with the Directors’ Council citing that the script of Lingusamy’s new directorial venture which is to star Suriya in the lead was the script of his own film,Pagalavan in which Vijay was to play the lead. The Council which mediated on the issue , reportedly asked Lingusamy to either abandon the film or change the script.
Now Lingusamy who has been forced to change the film’s script, has announced that the untitled film would go to floors from August 21, instead of the earlier plotted thriller, this film will be romantic-action flick. Samantha will pair with Suriya in this flick and Lingu’s favourite Yuvan Shankar Raja would be scoring the film’s music.