Newcomer Anirudh has it all in his way of hitting the bull’s eyes over his maiden debut. Almost all the songs from his album 3 is topping the charts. Kannazhaga holds No. 1 position followed by Po Nee Po. Couple of songs from Oru Kal Oru Kannadi have taken its place into the ratings as well.
Top 10 Tamil songs 2012
1. Kannazhaga (3): The song is ringing continuously over all the radio stations and has become the favourite of everyone in town. Especially, the young hearts are going crazy about this track. Dhanush and Shruti Hassan’s might not be the same and original as before for it involves lot of modulation. The preludes and interludes are at its best by Anirudh.
2. Po Nee Po (3): The man of magical voice, the prince of Hindi music – Mohit Chauhan comes to Tamil now. Not with his favourite A.R Rahman (Rockstar-Delhi 6), but with his protege Anirudh. The mild instrumentals and his mesmerizing vocalism are the major attraction.
3. Oru Murai (Muppozhudhum Un Karpanaigal): The song has been generating huge waves from the first time we heard it. Awe-inspiring visuals, brilliant cinematography by Sakthi, dance performance by Atharva and what else? G.V Prakash Kumar, the creator of this melodic rap.
4. Why This Kolaveri? (3): We are left with no words to describe this song and it’s almost reached beyond the levels of criticisms and appreciations. The song has become the major factor of promotion for the film across the globe.
5. Venam Macha (Oru Kal Oru Kannadi): Harris Jayaraj is illustrious for style of copycatting his own tune from every album. Bringing out the examples will become a detailed comprehension. Well, the song has catchy lyrics and is tuned in the style of ‘Ava Enna’ from Vaaranam Aayiram. Naresh Iyer and Mukesh have crooned the song with a great panache.
6. Asku Laska (Nanban): The opening lines by Chinmayee itself take us into the feel of this track. Vijay Prakash makes up with an unstrained effort and overall, the song is good in places.
7. Pappa Pappa (Vettai): Again, it’s a single track effort and making of visuals in the style of Kolaveri that drew more into the video based portals. Yuvan Shankar Raja and Renuka have been at their best and Amala Paul has tried getting desi with her glam-appeal.
8. Azhaipaaya (Kadhalil Sodhapuvadhu Yeppadi): Karthik and Harini, the best made singers for the melodies show up with their best again. The visuals by Nirav Shah and montage conceptualization without opting for dance in foreign locations are a good idea.
9. En Frienda Pola (Nanban): A well acclaimed song though shorter in duration. It has become the most highly downloaded song and favourite hello tune of everyone in town.
10. Vanakkam Chennai (Marina): A creative way to attract the crowds. Director Pandiraj released the promo song with more famous actors getting in for the enactment of lip synchs.