12th December, Rajini birthday special: Ten things you would like to know!
1. Though Superstar was born in a Marathi family, he has not acted in a single Marathi film yet.
2. Before venturing into films, he worked as a bus conductor for the Karnataka State Transport corporation.
3. He joined the Madras Film institute in 1973 with the help of a friend and then started his career with the Kannada film Sangama in 1975 but the film’s release was delayed.
4. Rajni’s Muthu was the first Tamil film to be dubbed in Japanese as Muthu: The Dancing Maharajah.
5. He had sung the song ‘Adikkuthu Kuliru’ in his film Mannan.
6. Rajni’s 50th film was Tiger (Telugu), 100th film – Shri Raghavendra, 125th film – Rajathi Raja and 150th film – Padayappa.
7. Apart from Tamil, he has also acted in Telugu, Kannada, Hindi, Malayalam, English and Bengali films.
8. After the release of Mullum Malarum, Rajni received an appreciation letter from his mentor K. Balachander, which he still considers as the most valuable thing in his life.
9. Superstar’s favourite colour is black and favourite place is the Himalayas.
10. It is said that Superstar still travels in his white Ambassador and has also preserved his first car, a white Fiat, which he bought during the early days of his career.
Post your birthday wishes to Rajini below in comments.