Cinema is a visual media that easily overcomes language barriers. For movie buffs, it does not matter whether the movie is in a known tongue or not. So long as there is an interesting story being told and reasonably good subtitles, they are more than happy! And now comes along a special treat – moving movies from Israel.
The Consulate General of Israel [Mumbai], the Indo-Israel Friendship Association[Chennai], the Indo Cine Appreciation Foundation and the Madras Film Society present an Israeli Film Festival between the 16th and 19th March, 2009 at the South Indian Film Chamber Theatre. The movies to be screened include:
1. Turn Left at the End of the World on the 16th at 6.30 p.m. tells the story of a friendship that breaks all cultural differences.
2. Someone to Run With on the 17th at 6.30 p.m. is the lovely story of 17 year old on a mission to find a missing young girl, his only help being her dog.
3. Aviva My Love on the 18th at 6.15 p.m. is the story of Aviva who yearns to be a writer, but her working class life style does not spare her the time.
4. Big Eyes on the 18th at 8.00 p.m. is about Benny, a manipulative basketball coach.
5. Columbian Love on the 19th at 6.30 p.m. is a dark love story.