1. Bommalaatam – Director Bharathiraja makes a great comeback with a stupendous thriller. Nana Patekar stuns with his performance and ditto to Action King Arjun who has brimmed on with new-dimensioned characterization.
2. Vaaranam Aayiram – It’s a complete show by Surya and Gowtham’s magnificent spell of a classic drama has got audiences enthralled.
3. Poo – Directed by Sasi, it’s a film meant for bagging enormous awards. Parvathi rules overall while Srikanth’s importance is bit underplayed.
4. Ellam Avan Seyal – Shaji Kailash delivers the same powerful style with the same as ‘Chintamani Kola Case’. RK does a brilliant job while rest of cast and crew has lived up to expectations.
5. Silambattam – With other films hitting screens tomorrow, Silambattam holds this position as there are no films in recent release. A great letdown from Silambarasan who can better start a dance school and not make films.